PHILADELPHIA - In celebration of the early Spring weather, Jet Wine Bar, Philadelphia’s “global vineyard”, is thrilled to announce the seasonal re-opening of the lush Jet Wine Garden, now open Thursdays 5 pm –10 pm, Fridays 5 pm –10 pm, and Saturdays 2 pm –10 pm. Guests can now make reservations online using OpenTable.
Jet Wine Bar Springs Back Into Action With re-opening Of Vibrant Wine Garden
Outside in the verdant Jet Wine Garden, guests can sip on Jet Wine Bar’s expansive menu of both rare and popular wines from around the globe, spanning everything from natural to organic to boxed, as well as a selection of beer, cider, and housemade cocktails, while surrounded by the greenery that drapes the mural-clad walls and outdoor bar.
“We are so happy Spring is around the corner and we can once again open our garden,” said Sojourn Philly and Jet Wine Bar owner Jill Weber. “I’m excited to welcome our South Street and Center City neighbors back for warm nights in the garden, to relax in our friendly space and drink great wines – surrounded by so much great art!”
Wine fans are invited to sip their favorite wines, as well as a bevy of spring-minded cocktails, while cozied up in the inviting patio seating adjacent to the sprawling mural painted by Philadelphia muralist Carlos 'Calo' Rosa. Calo’s work completes the garden’s art space, which also features works by local artists Oluwafemi and Priscilla Anacakuyani.
A select handful of house cocktails, crafted by Jet Wine Bar General Manager, Colin Elko, are listed below:
- Spiced Red Sangria ($10/$27 for a pitcher)
- Housemade Cello ($9) -- Choice of limoncello, orange cello, strawberry
- Sparkling Rose Margarita ($12.5) -- Tequila, lime, orange liqueur, sparkling rose wine
- Rosé Aperol Spritz ($11) -- Aperol, lime, sparkling rosé wine
And, see below for favorites from the Jet Wine Bar international menu offered in the Wine Garden, with much more available on site:
- Housemade Pretzel Bites ($7) – With brie cheese sauce
- Lamb Meatballs ($13) – Served with tzatziki, goat cheese, herbs
- Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich ($14) – Accompanied by lemon-dill aioli, pickles, brioche bun
- Roasted Cauliflower Wrap ($13) – With harissa, herbed tehina, pickled red onion, cucumber salad
The full menu is available at the Jet Wine Garden during opening hours Thursdays 5 pm –10 pm, Fridays 5 pm –10 pm, and Saturdays 2 pm –10 pm.
Colin Elko, Jet Wine Bar General Manager, identified the following wines as current staff favorites: Mother Rock “Holocene”, a Carignan and Cinsault blend from South Africa; Karas Red, a blend of Syrah, Cab Franc, and Malbec from Armenia, and Tajinaste Bianco from the Canary Islands. These selections and dozens more including wines made with less well-known grapes and regions, orange wines, and pet nats are available for purchase in the bottle shop at Jet Wine Bar.