PHILADELPHIA - March is cheesesteak month in Philadelphia, and there's no better way to celebrate than with a Philadelphia Cheesesteak Madness Sweet 16. This unique tri-state event brings together all the people who love Philadelphia cheesesteaks.
There is plenty of excitement building as the field of 64 of the best Philadelphia region cheesesteak spots has been voted down to the region's final sweet 16. From the famous Philly Cheesy Subs to classic cheesesteak joints in the suburbs and city. Now is your chance to vote for your favorite cheesesteak in the Philly Tri-state area.
Cheesesteak Madness Sweet 16 in Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventures and PhillyBite Magazines Annual Judges and Peoples' champion is underway to find the best cheesesteaks in the Philadelphia Region.
The 2020 Champion Leo's Cheesesteaks in Folcroft, PA, is back this year after not making the field last year and has advanced easily to the sweat 16 round.
The 2021 Champion By Georges in The Reading Terminal Market has been eliminated, So who will take the honor this year.
The 2022 Sweet 16 PhillyBite Magazines People Choice Award
The Philadelphia Region
- #1 Charlie's Roast Pork Vs. #4 Joe's Steaks & Soda Shop
- #3 John's Roast Pork Vs. #2 Angelo's
- Sweet 16 - Philadelphia Region Voting
The Delco Region
- #1 Phil & Jim's Steaks & Hoagies Vs. #5 Original Thunderbirds
- #3 Delco Steaks Vs. #10 Leo's Steaks
- Sweet 16 - Delco Region Voting
The NJ & DE Region
- #1 Donkey's Place Vs. #4 Zoagies
- #3 Meatheadz Vs. #7 Tenderbones Rib Shack
- Sweet 16 - NJ|DE Region Voting
The Other Counties Region
- #1 Pudge's Steaks & Hoagies Vs. #12 Marrone's Deli
- #11 Work Horse Brewing Vs. #7 Curly's
- Sweet 16 - The Other Counties Region Voting
March Cheesesteak Madness is a 64 cheesesteak entry bracket-style tournament that mirrors the college basketball tournament. We have 64 cheesesteaks entered and two champions—a People's Champion and a Judge's Champion. The People's Champion is selected by online voting. The Judge's Champion is chosen by judges that eat every cheesesteak.