PHILADELPHIA, PA - August 5 is National Oyster Day, and Philly's seafood scene is booming—below are two fantastic restaurants with fresh, daily selections of fresh oysters and shooters to celebrate the holiday if you're planning coverage.
Where to Find The Best Oysters in Philadelphia
Know before you go: West Coast oysters are sweet and plump, while East Coast oysters are salty & briny, and chewy.
Looking to indulge for brunch? If you want the freshest selection of oysters in the city, head to The Wayward to indulge in rotating selections of summer's best oysters from Connecticut to Washington. With a splash of homemade chartreuse mignonette, you'll no doubt be ordering these by the dozen.
The Wayward offers two selections of oyster shooters to celebrate the holiday:
- The Washed Up Sailor- fermented tomato new Amsterdam vodka, celery bitters, lemon, oyster
- South of The Navy Yard- dill Bombay gin, caper brine, lemon, oyster
Steak 48 may be known for its top-quality meats, but insiders know that the seafood and raw bar options are among some of the freshest in the city! Gaze upon the restaurant's grand raw bar display via its beautiful open kitchen design, and Celebrate National Oyster Day with the Chef's Selection of Fresh Oysters (East Coast or West Coast served with champagne mignonette).
PhillyBite Magazine's Top Five Oyster Spots In Philadelphia
- Butcher and Singer - Trendy take on an Old Hollywood chophouse offering classic surf 'n' turf plus a raw bar & cocktails. 1500 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Royal Boucherie - Lively French-inspired American brasserie with a raw bar & charcuterie from chef Nick Elmi. 52 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Little Fish Byob - Quaint spot with a handful of tables offering a chalkboard menu of seafood dishes. 746 S 6th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Fond - New American cooking comes with homemade bread & desserts plus wine & cocktails at this tiny spot. 1537 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Townsend - French restaurant with a romantic vibe offering a seasonal menu with modern versions of classic dishes. 2121 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103