Kombucha newbies and aficionados alike will enjoy Baba’s Bucha's bevy of brews made with local seasonal produce -- Plus, chefs and at-home bartenders can also think beyond the beverage with Baba’s Acid Trip, a Whole30-compliant line of innovative finishing vinegar that act as a versatile pantry staple and flavor bomb perfect that shine in cocktails and culinary ventures alike.
Baba’s Bucha, the beloved Phoenixville kombucha brand, handcrafts small batches of refreshing, slightly tangy brews that are only 25 calories per serving and made exclusively with fair-trade organic ingredients as local seasonal produce. Each brew is vegan, gluten-free, and has no artificial coloring or flavorings. The local kombucha brand has five fan-favorite brews available the whole year and rotating seasonal flavors.
See below for the brews available from Baba’s Bucha.
- Ruby Sipper – Brilliantly sparkling and refreshing with vibrant notes of tart cherries and cranberries
- Purple Rain – A purple brew with antioxidant-rich blueberries with a hint of fresh ginger
- Flower Power – Lively floral notes reminiscent of a French rosé made with lavender, rose petals, tulsi basil, and hibiscus flowers
- Bee’s Knees – Silky smooth with calming notes of warm caramel, chamomile, and a touch of local wildflower honey
- Believe – A distinctively bright green brew made with juniper berries, ginger root, lemon balm, yerba mate, and chlorophyll
- Firebird – Made with organic strawberries, cinnamon, chili peppers, and hibiscus, this is a beautifully balanced fruit-forward brew with a surprising layer of heat, perfect for clearing sinuses during cold and flu season
Each 12 oz. bottle of Baba’s Bucha is available for $5 (price varies based on location), and can be found at Baba’s Bucha’s tasting room, aka A Culture Factory, located in Phoenixville, PA as well as Whole Foods in the Mid-Atlantic region, Giant Heirloom Markets, Di Brunos Bros, MOM’s Organic Markets, Wegman’s across the state of Pennsylvania, Riverward’s, Weaver’s Way Co-op, and Kimberton’s Whole Foods.
Baba’s Acid Trip, an extension of Baba’s Bucha, was born during the pandemic when supply chain issues forced Sorzano to create a shelf-stable product, answering the challenging logistical requirement many retailers face when ordering Baba’s Bucha, which must be kept refrigerated. Acid Trip is a living vinegar that has journeyed through many realms of fermentation, and the rewards are plentiful. Carefully curated kombucha over many months and allows the SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast) to convert any residual sugars into acetic and other organic acids, helping to create a vibrant kombucha vinegar. Kombucha vinegar is also rich in probiotics and antioxidants from the green and black tea that form the backbone of the original kombucha brew.
Baba’s Acid Trip is the first of its kind, a line of complex kombucha vinegar, which can be used as a unique cocktail acidifier, and shines in bright and fresh culinary recipes. Chefs, at-home cooks, bartenders, cocktail enthusiasts, and more, can choose from four unique flavors: Raspberry Lime, Grapefruit, Pear Ginger, and Cayenne. Served in 12 oz. bottles for $12.99 each or $48 for the Strange Trip Variety Pack -- a perfect gift for any adventurous chef or craft cocktail lover — Baba’s Acid Trip is highly concentrated, boasting over 12 1 oz. Servings per bottle. Half an ounce is the perfect zero-calorie addition to seltzer water for a mindful mocktail, and just an ounce can replace most high-end finishing vinegars and citrus in salad dressings and marinades. Raspberry Lime brightens cocktails including the Pink Gimlet, Grapefruit is a zingy addition to libations such as the Whiskey Bright and Sour, Cayenne brings the heat to a Thai Noodle Salad, and Pear Ginger perfectly complements a Baked Feta, Pear, and Red Onion Skillet.
See below for all the unique flavors from Baba’s Acid Trip:
- Raspberry Lime – A sultry and seductive fusion of zesty limes and voluptuous raspberries that will teleport you into the sweet depths of summer – all year long
- Grapefruit – A perky zing from the rind and a dash of natural sweetness from the plump flesh of the grapefruit come together in perfect harmony to envelope you in a bright, zesty embrace
- Cayenne (not Whole30 compliant) – The powerhouse combo of pungent ginger, fiery cayenne, earthy turmeric, and wildflower honey creates a game-changing, reality-warping experience for your tastebuds unlike any other. Strap in for the flavor ride of your life
- Pear Ginger – The lovechild from a passionate affair between irresistibly sassy ginger and ripe, juicy pears that will set your spine a-tingle
Baba’s Acid Trip is available ONLINE for national distribution, at Kimberton Whole Foods, as well as at boutiques, bottle shops, and some of Philadelphia’s favorite bars and restaurants, such as Front Street Café, Rex at The Royal, Art in the Age, and more.