Philadelphia – The Cordish Companies have officially opened Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, the new world-class gaming, hotel, dining, and entertainment destination located in the heart of the Philadelphia Stadium District.
What Restaurants Are In Philadelphia's Live! Casino
The opening marks another major milestone for the Company as the next Life! branded casino to open in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Live! Casino Pittsburgh opened in Hempfield Township, PA, in November 2020. See,... Cordish and Live! Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony - PhillyBite Magazine
The lineup of premier dining and entertainment opportunities includes:
The Prime Rib, the top Zagat-rated steakhouse previously located in Center City Philadelphia for more than 20 years now has a luxurious new home at Live! with the same commitment to fine dining and exceptional service. Indulge in an award-winning menu offering a tantalizing array of prime steaks cooked to perfection, the freshest seafood, and a selection of signature salads, sides, and desserts. In addition, some distinctive new twists will marry the best in high-end cuisine with a stylized bar and lounge scene.
Sports & Social Philly, a one-of-a-kind sports restaurant, gaming venue, and social lounge that offers guests the ultimate sports fan experience at the only place in the country located in the center of big-league action from four major professional sports teams. The venue features a FanDuel Sportsbook and Lounge retail location and state-of-the-art AV system, including a giant 52-foot LED display and 24 televisions for ultimate sports viewing. An American Grill menu highlights game-day favorites, including a short rib cheesesteak, local beers, and specialty cocktails.
Luk Fu, where the authentic flavors of Southeast Asia meet in South Philadelphia. Luk Fu offers a dynamic dining experience filled with traditional dishes that span generations, a private dining room, and private Karaoke rooms.
10th Street Market, a unique food hall inspired by the great food markets in Philadelphia where guests can enjoy a wide variety of food, as well as a bar open 24/7. The Market serves as a hub for quick eats and late-night bites and feature local Philly favorites, such as:
- Lorenzo and Sons Pizza, a South Philadelphia staple since 1970 and one of the 101 best pizzas in America as rated by The Daily Meal. The venue features their famous recipe and a selection of new and exciting personal gourmet pizzas made popular at their West Chester location;
- Sang Kee Noodle Bar & Kitchen, from the owners of the landmark Chinatown restaurant Sang Kee Peking Duck House. The venue is a traditional noodle bar featuring classic noodles and dim sum selections, along with Asian favorites like General Tso's Chicken and Beef & Broccoli;
- For every sweet tooth, look to Termini Brothers Bakery, a beloved South Philadelphia bakery with a 99-year history, to serve their family recipes for cannoli, cookies, and cakes.
Joining them in the Market are two new venues from Emmy award-winning Chef and TV personality Guy Fieri:
- Guy’s Burger Joint offers mouth-watering smash burgers featuring the world-famous Donkey sauce, S.M.C. (super melty cheese), signature seasoned fries, and hand-spun shakes;
- Guy Fieri’s Taco Joint features scratch-made tacos, salsas, and guacamole paired with refreshing margaritas, a selection of Mexican beer, and some classic Guy cocktails.
Other Market options:
- Morty’s Deli, a traditional New York-style deli with mouthwatering, overstuffed sandwiches, sides, and desserts; and
- Luckie’s Liquor, a bar featuring a selection of beer, wine, and specialty drinks.
A spirited nightlife scene, including:
- Center Bar, located in the heart of the casino floor, offering 360° views of the gaming action, giant LED TV screens for sports viewing, communal tables, plush lounge seating, and live music;
- R Bar, a unique, interactive bar, featuring electronic table games and a 40-foot long video screen.
The Cordish Companies’ Principal Reed Cordish, Cordish Gaming Group President Rob Norton, and Executive Vice President Joe Billhimer were joined at a ribbon-cutting ceremony by Philadelphia City Councilmember Kenyatta Johnson (Second District), and numerous business, tourism, and community leaders from the region.
The ceremony was hosted by Philadelphia fan favorite Ron Jaworski, formerly of the Philadelphia Eagles; with special guest appearances by Philadelphia 76ers legend and Basketball Hall-of-Fame player Julius “Dr. J” Erving; former Philadelphia Phillies Manager Charlie Manuel; and former Eagles wide receiver, the “Invincible” Vince Papale. Guests were also delighted by appearances from the Phillie Phanatic, the Pandemic Krew, and the reigning Mummers champions, the South Philadelphia String Band.
Together, the group ushered in a new era of entertainment in the City of Philadelphia by ringing a giant replica Liberty Bell, followed by a firework spectacular.
“As a family-owned business for over 100 years, today marks an incredibly special day for my family and The Cordish Companies as we expand our Life! Casino brand into the great City of Philadelphia,” said Reed Cordish, Principal of The Cordish Companies. “Live! Philadelphia is the region’s premier gaming and entertainment destination, and we are proud to welcome our guests, Team Members and the community to go Live! with us. I’d like to thank Mayor Kenney, Councilmember Johnson, and local officials for their support for this project.”
The opening of Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia transforms the Philadelphia Stadium District into an integrated sport, entertainment, and casino-resort destination and establishes the area as the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining, and entertainment, world-class gaming, and luxury hotel accommodations.